1st Homecare is a rapidly growing care agency based in Oxford specialising in providing person centred home care with minimum call visits of 1 hour – to the highest standards, and offering excellent pay rates.
We are looking for full time or part time carers in Oxford and surrounding areas, to help us make a real difference to the lives of our elderly clients and clients with disabilities. We welcome applications from workers with a compassionate, outgoing, proactive and flexible approach to join our team.
- Pay Rates Pay rates ranging from £10.15 (weekdays) to £11.70 (weekends) plus £1.50 per visit travel allowance.
- FULL or PART TIME hours
- Daytime, evening, night time and weekend hours available with minimum of 1 hour visits
- Full and FREE training for all applicants and a training grant of £150 which is paid after a probationary period.
- 5.6 weeks of paid holiday per annum (pro-rated to hours worked)
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- Free uniform
- Recommend a friend incentive of £200
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications in Health/Social care and become a senior care worker with enhanced pay
- Assisting vulnerable adults with personal care including showering, toileting and dressing
- Prompting, assisting or administering medication, application of creams, eye drops and other medication
- Shopping assistance
- Carrying out housework
- Respite services
- Assisting with food and drinks
- Sits and activities
- Most importantly, the right attitude and dedication to our clients, and demonstrating a compassionate, proactive and flexible approach
- Car owners with full driving licence are preferred, however this is not essential
- Previous experience in care is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- A national qualification is desirable e.g. QCF Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care