What we can offer you
It makes sense that our clients can only receive our first-class service if our staff are equally valued too. With that in mind we offer excellent career progression opportunities. structured training and development and a competitive pay and rewards structure. And of course, a friendly, team-focused ethos is a given.
- We offer work which is paid on an hourly basis and we have some work which is paid according to the shift worked.
- We have introduced an auto-enrolment pension scheme in accordance with recent Government legislation.
- We provide uniform, ID badges and name badges free of charge.
- We provide flexible working whereby, with adequate notice, you can change your availability according to changes in your own circumstances.
- Training is a key part of what we provide – all carers new to care are given a four day induction course with annual refresher training where appropriate. In addition we will encourage all staff to train for a professionally recognised qualification (such as Level 2, 3 and 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care).
- We pay our carers during training (which many other care providers do not do). Our senior carers will keep a close eye on you and give you plenty on-the-job training as required. Monthly spot checks, quarterly supervisions and annual appraisals are all keys ways in which we can ensure that your career is progressing in the right direction.
- Referral bonus – we offer £100 to any carer who introduces a new carer to the company plus another £100 if the new carer stays with us 6 months or more.
- We pay on a monthly basis (either 4 or 5 weeks) with payments directly into your Bank account. Holiday pay is calculated according to your monthly earnings and is separately disclosed on your payslip so that you know exactly how much is owed to you from one month to the next.
- We offer childcare vouchers to help with childcare
- We also offer store discounts as part of ‘My Work life Solutions’ programme which provide up to 10% discounts on many major stores.
Remote working can be intimidating for some – especially when starting care for the first time – so we will remain in close contact with you in your early weeks; a more experienced carer will shadow your calls until you and we are confident you are ready to make calls on your own. Our on call manager will be contactable during all times of your visits and the company’s policies and procedures (and all staff memos) are available online on the staff section of the website so that you can check for yourself what you should be doing in any given situation.
1st Homecare is an equal opportunities employer. As such we will ensure that no job applicant or employee is given less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, sex, disability, nationality, race or ethnic origin, sexuality, marital or civil partnership or transgender status, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that are not essential to carrying out the job.
For more information please call or send us an email today. The easiest way to express an initial interest in one of our positions is to fill in our online application form. It only takes a minute and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can. Or if you prefer you can either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call.